Sunday, 27 January 2008

New York New York

JTS was at Suntec City New York New York.

It began with a long wait where Lennart had to queue and request a table of 16. Turns out that Timothy Yeo, Bohan, Yufei and Melissa couldn't come because of a variety of reasons.

Saw Poon Ming Sheen who came with his CT and they actually managed to book a table beforehand while Lennart had to queue for hours on end. He came later but got his table first.Who's not pissed at that?

We were supposed to meet at 7pm but we reached only at 7.30+++. Took another eon to order food and move tables because 15 of us were split 7 -8 each table.

Food was great but I think we ordered too much. The giant burger really lives up to its name in terms of serving size and price. The burger is actually bigger than your head and Lennart's teddy bear too.

So after the really heavy dinner and lots of exposing people's secrets... mine included. Classics include: Never have I ever liked anyone in VJ... Never have I ever sworn at people...

After shooting ourselves in the foot with all the self-exposing of dirty secrets, we decided to play some kind of 'guess-the-number' game.

Norman lost the game and so we played truth or dare with him. He chose dare.

We were running out of ideas for the forfeit. Doing any form of VJ cheer/dance was definitely out.

Just then I caught a chef and a waitress flirting in the kitchen. I motioned to Lennart and everyone caught them in the act. They stopped their little tete-a-tete.

So the idea of a forfeit came.

Norman went to the kitchen and Jastine filmed this entire act.

Norman: Excuse me, can I have a hanky panky?

*silence*

He walked out of the kitchen with dejection written all over his face.

Just then the restaurant manager came out.

Norman: Excuse me, can I have a hanky panky?

Manager: We only have the jiggy piggy. I am sorry but we don't have any hanky panky. New York New York is a family restaurant.

How sporting. And with that, JTS ended.

Photos coming soon. Promised.

No comments: