Thursday, 13 December 2007

Super Teen Camp DAY 3-5

OK I'M GETTING TIRED OF WRITING DAY TO DAY RECOUNTS.

So I'll condense the remaining days here.

Day 3: Leaders were supposed to wake up at 6.30. Which includes me. But I woke up like 10 minutes late. Gary got pissed with me. Everyone assembled earlier than usual. Outdoor programs went on again and I screwed up the log walk 5 times before succeeding (NO) thanks to Peter.

We also had some combat preparations for the final day when we had to break a wooden board. Hmm it turned out that my bark was worse than my bite. At least that was what Ken felt. *shrugs*

After lunch came another long lecture. This time it's about your parents. About treasuring them. Very reflective lecture about your relationship with your family.

My goosebumps rose to unprecedented levels when they played 《世上只有妈妈好》

Then we received letters from our parents which were written before the camp started. Mine was sent from mom and I was very surprised to see that she didn't criticise me at all for my shortcomings.

So we were asked to reply our sender(s). Which I did. Took really long to write it out.

Then we played the bombing game! On day 2 we played it too and Calvin's group conceded 2 bombs and were asked to do forfeit. On day 3, that unfortunate group was....

MANCHESTER UNITED!! NOT.

Meepok got it. Which meant that the group had to do forfeit. Thank the resources (and Jonathan who refused to participate) for making me do the main course forfeit. It was BLOODY HUMILIATING. DON'T ASK ME. It became worse as I was wearing my CLASS T-SHIRT and Cheng Hao happily snapped away while I was doing my forfeit.

At least I was more sporting OK?

After my nonsense it was bedtime. Time then: 3 am. But before sleeping there was A FREE-FOR-ALL between the campers and everyone was making noise and fighting.

Day 4: We were supposed to assemble at 7am. My roommates woke up at...

*Drum roll* 7.40!!!

Ashok and the other leaders stormed my room with the skeleton key and got us out of bed. To think I was the Camp Assistant Leader.

I just changed my shirt and dashed to the tennis court. Everyone was already there.

Don't ask how I felt. It just sucked.

More outdoor activities later, and another lecture, we had another test. Then lunch came.

I was forced to sacrifice my $10 reward to get a shirt as I was running out of them.

After that was another outdoor activity which was very terrifying.

You have to walk across a beam about 7 metres up. The catch: No safety nets. No harness and just someone to support you behind you.

Many were afraid and the beam was lowered by a metre. Also 2 beams were used this time.

After that we had this team game where we had to climb across a 3 metre wall. This time the resources were armed with water bombs. Dr Wong armed himself with super soaker. So some of the guys became meat shields to protect the rest of the team. A (hu)man wall was formed and some of us got blasted below the belt by Dr. Wong and co. Don't ask if I was hit.

After dinner came another round of the bombing game!

This time Gary's group got it. Once again, it was another one of Peter's act of sabotage. He whispered to every group (I think) to bomb his group. In the end Wang Li Hong and Gary were asked to do forfeit. It was hilarious to us and humiliating.

Dinner was splendid. But there was too much food on the table and it went to waste.

Ken took over and did a lecture which was a huge eye-opener. We saw the dark side in him. It was about the correct way to scold people and he showed us when he screamed at the whole camp for many things we did.

Then it was our turn to do the same. I went out to scold someone in my group for being like Lena St. Clair in Joy Luck Club. However Cheng Hao later said it was "too harsh". There was a queue of people scolding later on and as a result, our rest was affected.

We slept at 5 am.

Day 5

I got up at 7 am. YAY.

Handed the letter to my I/C and the activities went on. It was more relaxed. We did the Pert chart and washed cars as a way of giving back to the community. Then we leapt off a building 7 chairs high into a sea of people.

Another test came with a threat that failures will not get their graduation certificates.

After lunch we got our phones back. Then we were asked to start pasting the better charts and mind maps on the walls.

Then the parents came!!

OK so Dr Wong was there equivocating about what we did in the past few days. Just like what Im doing on the screen now.

We used our combat training and smashed our enemies. Wooden boards 2 cm thick.

It was cute looking at our Primary 6 boy Jonathan smash his board. He failed at first and squirmed quite bad. Then he succeeded.

Then some of us went to talk about the camp. The more prominent people in the camp spoke, ESPECIALLY ME!!

Anyway my introduction was very unconventional. It left many speechless. =)

Mom left after the speeches.

There was a lot of advertising by Peter and another alumni Then we received our certs. At first only half passed. Then the other certs came in. Turned out that all passed. We sang Diana Ross' If We Hold on Together.

After that we had photo taking sessions. I only have one photo thus far. So if you have others, please email them to me. Thanks.

This one's with Zongyin, Cleo, Melissa and Annabelle.




I hitched a ride in Zongyin's car home.

And so camp Mumbai ended.

No comments: