With a repertoire like Puszta and Cartoon I was looking very forward to Majestia this year. Not just as a performer with the Alumni Band, but as a member of the audience too.
But when they skipped the first 2 movements of Puszta (and didn't do too well for the rest either) I started wondering if my time in the PT was worth the half day off.
Maybe I had listened to the recordings too many times.
Maybe it was the jam packed schedule with the concert propped up 2 months early for the Youth Olympics.
So perhaps I should say it was pretty decent at the end of it all.
BUT I LOVED MY PERFORMANCE JUST NOW OH YES I DO.
Never mind if I got lost for a few beats. Never mind if I had really lost faith just several practices before, thinking that I'll never play the drumset again.
I got over it, the adrenaline and my spirits were epic high and GOSH it was the most fun performance I ever had. And it felt good.
Thanks Sophie, Jas and Kim for the flowers and Shayne for the sweets and chocolates!
Now on to Strings. It'll be tough juggling 2x a week pracs with Uni deadlines and HQ duties, but somehow I'll pull through.
Like just now.
Saturday, 27 March 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment